Top 2 articles for this site:
Benefits of HypnoBirthing®
What makes HypnoBirthing so good?
1) Shorter labor and birthing times
2) Less interventions. A HypnoBirthing mom, have less than a 2% rate of a Cesarean Birth, compared to upwards of 40% of non-HypnoBirthing mothers.
3) There is a high number of comfortable, natural births with less interventions.
4) HypnoBirthing is very successful in aiding breech-presented babies to turn into appropriate birthing position with the use of posture and hypnosis (in a study done at the University of Vermont of 100 women at 37 to 40 weeks, there was a 81% success rate with hypnosis)
5) Mothers are highly energized following Hypnobirths that are calm, gentle, and more relaxed
6) Learn techniques that are beneficial all through life, and for as many births as you have. You will also receive all the materials with the class.
7) HypnoBirthing techniques work well with home births, water births, hospital births, birthing centers…whatever you choose, it’s your choice – HypnoBirthing helps them all.
8) You can use the techniques to help calm and relax yourself in your daily life, . Many couples have reported that this alone was invaluable.
9) This is the only class, endorsed by OBGYN's, nurses and hospitals, and taught in over 40 countries because it works. The HypnoBirthing method is celebrating 25 years of delivering calm, peaceful babies to happy families!
10) HypnoBirthed babies are found to be much calmer and also tend to latch on much easier for breastfeeding, they are also known to rest better, as they are allowed to enter the world in a calm environment at their own pace..
11) Scientific research has also shown that the babies usually have higher Agpar scores as well (a measure of how well your baby is doing immediately after the birth)
12) There are fewer reported cases of Postpartum with HypnoBirthing mothers.
In HypnoBirthing you will actually learn much more than you would in any regular prenatal class! You will learn techniques such as:.
1) Breathing - we learn to breath the baby down, not push it out. These techniques actually help the birth significantly. http://www.mothering.com/articles/women-in-labor-stop-pushing-see-amazing-results/
2) We learn how to reduce the need for any medication at all. When the body is completely relaxed it produces natural drugs such as Oxycontin and Relaxan to help you deliver often times pain-free, as many woman attest.
3) A simple perineum massage technique, that reduces the risk of an tearing.
4) We learn how to be confident and informed in dealing with the medical staff, when to question, what to ask…and when it’s time to let them take charge.
5) We learn fear releasing techniques, stories you might have heard or stories from a previous childbirth.
6) We take the fear out of going beyond your estimated due date and teach how to bring about your own easy start of labor with simple, natural techniques.
Most importantly, regardless of what’s happening around you, you will learn to stay calm, relaxed and confident in your own birthing body. You will learn why your body does what it does, as well as how, and this will help you achieve a fearless birth with an outcome of less pain, often pain-less.
HypnoBirthing® can not promise you a ‘perfect’ birth, but we can promise you a much more comfortable and relaxed birth than you may have had otherwise.
Finally – We really include the partner!
It is my firm belief that men were born to be protectors and woman were born to nurture. Hypnobirthing gives that power back to the partner as he/she becomes as integral part of the birthing process, helping mom stay calm and focused on the techniques you’ve been taught and have practiced. Thus the partners feel proud to have been able to help, and to be an active part of the birth. Imagine the outcome of this bond and how this feels to you and the baby!
For more information on what you’ll be doing in each class, look at the HypnoBirthing Course Overview..